Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How to become an online freelancer, earning, in 5 minutes.


I run into friends who are on one side or the other of the whole IT industry thing interested in outsourcing or freelancing. The problem i most here as to why they arent already either making money or saving money freelancing or outsourcing is how do I? How do I this, how do I that? And also I hear that "I just don't have the time to learn. 9 times out of 10 if they are truly interested, and serious, i have them up and well on the way to becoming a freelancer or ready and able to outsource in 5 minutes or less.

You know what i tell them?

I tell them all the same thing. I jot down a web address (Most of the time i don't even have to write it down because the name is easy) and tell them 3 other pieces of information.

1. Visit the website.

2. Sign Up as a provider (looking to hire) or a freelancer (looking to work). Takes minutes. Under 5 for sure.

3. Navigate around the website through a couple of the links and everything else is self explanatory.

I hear the same responses and question after this, nobody believes it can be that easy. It is. Usually if you need a freelancer for an outsource project or are interested in doing freelance writing, programing or design work you know enough to use this website to make that possible already. Well how dependable are they, will i get paid? How can they insure i am satisfied if i hire one of the freelancers? What precautions are in place?

They have an escrow and a resolution system in place that has always been fair to me. They work hard to keep their members satisfied.

If you are interested I would visit the Freelance Directory and look around.

Or view the live freelance jobs feed if you are actively looking for work.

No comments: