Saturday, September 20, 2008

Freelance tech jobs you can do from home and still earn a living.


Freelance tech jobs you can do from home and still earn a living. Yea right.

When i was downsized i was for the first time in my life really depressed. I had heard the rumors weeks before i actually got canned, i mean downsized. I left in a state i had not been in mentally for years if i ever was in that mind-state before. I really had no idea what the future held for me or for my career. I just held my head up and laughed it off hoping against hope that one of the places i applied to would come through for me.

I did the expected and looked for work everywhere i could. If they were even rumored to be hiring i was there bright and early. I would guess i applied for every job within a 50 mile radius. I looked uptown, downtown, out of time and even online. At the time i was at my lowest i ran across a website that promised a decent income and could work for myself, "be my own boss" or something similarly worded.

I was willing to try anything, anywhere so i was ripe to try freelancing. I had bills and plans that were inches from falling into the abyss where so many dreams and aspirations of so many end up. I signed up. I went over the jobs and projects available that i had expertise, i picked 10 the first night and bid on them. I got two within 36 hours, i did my thing i made $430 when i was through with the projects, one took 7 hours and the other no lonfer than an hour. I admit it was something a few weeks earlier would have earned me at least $1000. But without the company split i did not do so bad.

I did more and more jobs over time and built up a nice little following.I went pro after i knew i would be there ($12 a month) for a while. I can't even begin to explain how many more projects i got after going pro, best 12 dollars i ever spent. I advise anyone in a similar situation or even a not so bad situation to sign up with Get a freelancer and take off a little pressure. I have found a regular 9 to 5 gig after a time but i still keep my membership up and do jobs just for extra money. They even gave me a debit mastercard so no waiting for checks to come in the mail.

Get a job, make some money, get in the freelance game. Here's the link to the website, at least take a look at what they have to offer.

No comments: